Thank you for choosing JustCarHire.co.za. Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using or obtaining any information, content, products or services through this site.
By accessing or using the JustCarHire website ("Our Website"), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms"). If you do not accept all of these Terms, then please do not use Our Website.
We reserve the right at any time, at our sole discretion, to modify these Terms without prior notice, and your continued use of Our Website signifies your acceptance of the updated Terms
JustCarHire Reservation Office hours are Weekdays: 08h30 - 17h00 (Mondays to Fridays) and Saturdays from 09:00 to 12:00
JustCarHire provides you with car rental booking services ("Services") acting as agents for car rental providers ("Providers"). JustCarHire represents the Providers as agents only and accordingly accepts no
liability of any kind as a result of any act or omission on the part of the Providers to fulfil their obligations. Your hire of any vehicle is subject to the terms and conditions of vehicle hire imposed by
the car hire Provider. We provide our summary of these Provider terms for your convenience; you are required to agree to the Providers terms on pickup of your vehicle.
The renter will be required to supply the following on pickup:
- Credit card (in the main driver's name)
- Name, address, telephone number and email address
- Local contact details
- A valid drivers license and passport (International drivers license required for non-South African citizens)
Rentals will be required to present a Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Diners Club credit card in the main driver name, on collection of vehicle. The credit card needs be embossed.
No debit cards are accepted
The car rental providers take a deposit at the start of the rental period to cover petrol, insurance excesses and other charges. This authority differs, depending on the car hire company and your
vehicle excess and insurance cover chosen.
Provided the vehicles and extras are returned in the same state as rented and in accordance with the fuel policy, the deposit will be refunded when the vehicle is returned.
The car rental providers are unable to guarantee a particular make or model. Renters make a reservation for a vehicle group and not a specific vehicle type. The car advertised may be substituted for an
alternative similar model or upgraded.
The minimum age for drives is 21 or 23, depending on supplier. There is no maximum age.
Additional drivers may be authorised to drive the vehicle. There is usually a charge per additional driver. Additional drivers must be pre-approved and added on or before pickup.
The vehicle may only be driven by the renter or authorized additional driver. The vehicle may not be driven by the renter:
- To transport passengers and/or goods for reward
- To propel or tow another vehicle (including caravans and trailers), unless authorized
- In motor sport or similar high risk activity
- There is no amendment fee
- There is no cancellation fee (supplier dependent): Bookings need to be cancelled in writing
- A "No Show Fee" equivalent to R250 or 2 days rental will apply, if we are not notified of your cancellation prior to pickup.
Extension of rentals beyond the original date must be authorised by the car hire company. If an extension is required, please contact JustCarHire during office hours (weekdays) by telephone or email
in order to qualify for these discounted rates. If the extension is made directly with the car hire company, then the higher extension rates of the relevant car hire company will be charged.
Failure to comply with this procedure will result in renter driving the vehicle without Collision Damage Waiver and/or Theft Protection and without lawful permission. Failure to inform the car hire
company may result in the car hire company reporting the vehicle as stolen. Unfortunately JustCarHire are unable to make refunds for vehicles returned early.
Standard insurance cover is compulsory for every vehicle rented out by the car hire company. Insurance cover limits the renter's liability in the event of collision or theft of the vehicle.
Additional insurance cover may be purchased which further limits the renter's liability. Personal Belongings are not covered by the insurance provided.
Irrespective of cover purchased the renter will be liable for the full value of the damage and/or loss where such damage or loss is sustained in circumstances including but not limited to the following:
- As a result of driver negligence, malicious or criminal actions of renter or passengers
- Where the vehicle is driven by an unauthorized driver i.e. a driver not specified as a driver or additional driver on the Rental Agreement
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances
- Failure to obtain authorization from the car hire company to extend the pre-booked rental
- Where a vehicle is driven on a road or surface not suitable for the vehicle type rented
- Collisions where no other vehicle, person, animal or object is involved
- Where there has been a material breach of the Terms and Conditions of the Rental Agreement
If the vehicle is involved an incident, is damaged, stolen or lost, the renter must take every reasonable precaution to safeguard the interests of the car hire company, including but not limited to:
- Notifying the car hire company within 3 hours of becoming aware of the occurrence, and completing the relevant supplier's form within 24 hours
- Obtaining the names and addresses of everyone involved and possible witnesses
- Not admitting responsibility or liability, not releasing other parties from liability, and not settling or claiming
- Reporting all incidents, regardless of value, to the police within 24 hours and supply the car hire company with an accident case number
- Making proper provision for the safety and security of the vehicle
- Co-operating with car hire company and its insurers in any investigation
Car rental companies may offer additional services or charge additional fees for:
- Additional equipment: child seat, sixth spare wheel, petrol can or GPS
- Delivery & Collection - A delivery and/or collection fee may be levied
- Over Border Rentals - Written permission from the car hire company is required before taking a vehicle beyond the borders of South Africa. An "over border" fee will be charged by the car hire company
for excursions one of the allowed neighbouring countries. A drop-off charge is levied for rentals terminating outside South Africa
- One Way Rentals - a one-way fee may be levied for rentals terminating at a location that is a distance of 150kms or more away from the original renting branch
- Fuel - Each vehicle leaves with a full tank and the renter pays for refuelling on return
- Valet charge may be levied on dirty vehicles
- Claim administration fee for traffic fine or insurance claims
- Lost Keys - will result in an applicable charge being levied
The content including text, graphics, button icons, audio and video clips, digital downloads, data compilations, other material and software ("The Content") together with the collection, arrangement
and the compilation of The Content is copyrighted to JustCarHire. The Content may not be copied, reproduced, sold, displayed, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without the prior
written permission of JustCarHire, except that you may download, display and print The Content presented by Our Website for your personal, non-commercial use only. If you do so, you may not modify the
Content in any way, and you must retain all copyright and trademark notices, including any other proprietary notices, contained in The Content, and you must not obscure, alter or delete any of such notices.
Other product, company names, logos and trademarks contained in Our Website are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned in Our Website for identification purposes only.
By accessing our using Our Website you warrant:
- that you are of sufficient legal age to create binding legal obligations
- that all information supplied by you to JustCarHire is true, accurate, current and complete
- that you will only make legitimate reservations for yourself or for another person for whom you are legally authorized to act and that you will inform such persons about the terms and conditions that
apply to their reservation
- that should you make use of a JustCarHire member account, you will safeguard your account information, be responsible for any use of your account and accept responsibility for all activities that
occur under your account
JustCarHire grants you a limited, non-transferable license to access and make personal, non-commercial use of Our Website in accordance with the Terms of this agreement. Additionally, you agree not to:
JustCarHire may, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice or liability, suspend, terminate or restrict your access to Our Website.
- Access, monitor or copy any of the web pages, data or The Content using any "robot", "spider", "screen scraper" or other automated means or any manual process, for any purpose without the prior
written consent of JustCarHire
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of Our Website
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable load on our computer or network equipment
- upload or transmit to Our Website software or computer programming routines that may damage, interfere or attempt to interfere with, the normal operation of Our Website
- post or transmit via Our Website any unlawful, harmful, libellous, abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, ethnically or otherwise
objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, violate the rights of
others, or otherwise violate any local, national or international law
- violate the restrictions found in any of our page headers or our search engine exclusion file on Our Website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to Our Website
- post false or misleading information on Our Website
- promote, sell or imply that JustCarHire is endorsing your services or products, through the use of Our Website
- translate into any language or computer language, reverse engineer or create derivative works from, The Content or any part of Our Website
At JustCarHire we check and recheck the details of all the services and products we offer on Our Website however, all information, content, materials, products, software and services included on or otherwise made
available to you through Our Website are provided by JustCarHire on an "as is" and "as available" basis. JustCarHire makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of
Our Website or the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of any of the information, content, materials, products, software or services included on or otherwise made available to you through Our Website.
Although we exercise reasonable efforts, JustCarHire does not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaim all liability for any errors or other inaccuracies relating to the information displayed on Our Website or
included within communications with JustCarHire or the Providers, as much of this information is provided by the respective Providers. JustCarHire expressly disclaim any representation or warranty that Our Website
will be free of viruses, that our services will be available uninterrupted and communications to or from Our Website will be secure and not intercepted. You expressly agree that your use of Our Website is at your own
By offering these Services, JustCarHire does not represent or warrant that hiring a car is advisable, suitable or without risk, and is not liable for damages or losses that may result from participating in such an
In no event shall JustCarHire be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage, or any direct, indirect, incidental, exemplary, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind, whether based on a theory of negligence,
contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, which arise out of or are in any way connected with (i) any use of Our Website or content found therein, (ii) any failure or delay, or (iii) the performance or
non-performance by JustCarHire, its agents or the Providers, including, but not limited to, non-performance resulting from bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, dissolution or liquidation even if such party has
been advised of the possibility of damages to such parties or any other party.
JustCarHire shall not be held liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any Provider or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages
or expenses resulting there from. JustCarHire and our Providers have no liability and will make no refund in the event of any delay, cancellation, or overbooking resulting from a strike, force majeure or other cause
beyond JustCarHire or the Provider's direct control, and they have no responsibility for any additional expense, omissions, delays or re-routing.
If, despite the limitation above, JustCarHire is found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or is in any way connected with any of the occurrences described in the limitations or exclusions of liability
above, then JustCarHire liability will in no event exceed the greater of the service fees earned by JustCarHire in connection with such transaction, or R100.
You agree to defend and indemnify JustCarHire and their agents, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claim, cause of action, liability, expense,
loss or demand, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of, or in any way connected with your breach of this agreements, your use of Our Website, your violation of any law
or the rights of any third party.
Please review our Privacy notice, the terms of which are incorporated herein, to understand our practices. You consent to the use of your personal information in accordance with the terms of and for the purposes
Upon submitting your reservation request you authorize JustCarHire to facilitate reservations, on your behalf, including making payment arrangements with the Providers and other related suppliers. You agree to
make the payments via bank transfer or direct deposit into JustCarHire's bank account or you agree that your credit card will be charged by JustCarHire or the Providers for the stipulated amount.
By making a reservation with the Providers, you accept and agree to the relevant cancellation, amendment and no-show policy of the Providers, and to any additional terms and conditions of the Providers that may
apply to your reservation or while making use of their services rendered and/or products offered, these terms and conditions can be obtained from the relevant Providers.
Whilst we have made every effort to ensure accuracy and availability, some errors might still occur and we reserve the right to correct or amend reservations. Once aware of such incidents we will make all reasonable
effort to advise you within 2 working days. In the event of a price correction to a reservation, we will offer you the opportunity to keep your reservation at the correct price, or at your option, we will cancel
your reservation without penalty. This right applies whether or not the reservation has been confirmed and/or payment received.
In the unlikely event of the Providers cancelling your reservation or making significant changes to your reservation, we will make all reasonable efforts to advise you as soon as possible. Should the Providers be
unable to fulfil your reservation, you will have the choice of accepting an offered alternative or cancelling your reservation with a full refund of all monies paid.
There is no fee to change or cancel your reservation prior to pickup. Should you cancel a reservation we will refund your credit card in full. However, should you fail to cancel or amend your
reservation prior to pickup then a ?No Show Fee? equivalent to R250 or 2 days rental will apply. [All date changes and amendments are subject to availability of our suppliers and JustCarHire cannot guarantee
the success of any change request.]
In the event you do not arrive on time for collection of your, you must confirm the reservation changes with the Providers prior to commencement to prevent cancellation of your reservation.
These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa in respect of any disputes
of any sort that might arise between you and JustCarHire.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, agency, or employment relationship exists between you and JustCarHire as a result of this Agreement or the use of Our Website.
This agreement (and any other terms and conditions referenced herein) constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof.
If any part of this Agreement is found to be invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any
remaining condition. Our failure or delay in enforcing any provision of this agreement at any time does not waive our right to enforce this agreement in the future.